Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to verify their submission’s compliance with all of the following items. Submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (.docx) document file format. All images are embedded in the manuscript file itself in the appropriate places in the manuscript.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font for the main text, and a 14-point font for the title of the manuscript; strictly follows APA style guidelines; and the title, abstract, keywords, all illustrations, figures, tables, and references are placed within the text at the appropriate points, and not at the end. Also, images will need to be submitted separately for inclusion in the online publication.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined below.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed, and no information identifying the author(s) (such as the author biodata and acknowledgments) has been included anywhere in the manuscript except for the final page.
Participants who presented at the JALTCALL2019 Conference in Tokyo are invited to submit a manuscript for publication in the Post Conference Publication. This includes all types of presentations: Paper Presentation, Show & Tell Presentation, Workshop Presentation, and Poster Presentation.
Each publication proposal will be double-blind reviewed for suitability and academic relevance. This may include but is not limited to: Presentation and analysis of empirical data using appropriate research methods; development of theories or practices relevant to language learning and technology; development or refinement of language learning technology practices; and discussion papers relevant to the use of technology in language learning at all levels. All manuscripts must be formatted in APA throughout and submitted with the following:
- Manuscripts of approximately
- 4,000 to 6,000 words in English, or
- 6,000 to 10,000 characters in Japanese
- A clear and specific title included at the top of the first page in sentence case
- An abstract of around 150 to 200 words in both Japanese and English
- Three to five keywords pertinent to the topic of the manuscript
- Names and professional affiliations of each author as well as a biodata paragraph of up to 50 words per author included on a separate page at the end of the manuscript
- Submit your proposal to: proceedings [at] jaltcall.org
Note: All submissions must be original work that has not been published previously.
Deadline for submissions is July 31, 2019.
Authors who publish in this publication agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the post-conference publication right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the publication’s posted version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this publication’s editorial process will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this publication and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.